2022 Crescent Awards Terms and Conditions
1. General conditions
- Crescent Foundation reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time and to cancel, postpone or adjust the competition and/or the judging process at any time without notice or further recourse to the nominators or nominees.
- All educators, learners and leaders / administrators currently employed in an Australian Islamic school are eligible to enter for the respective Crescent Awards – Learner, Educator and Schools categories.
- All Muslim learners in any school or educational setting in Australia (including other school sectors, early years centers, home-schools, supplementary community schools etc.) are eligible to apply for the Crescent Awards categories for Learners.
- Any coach, end user / industry representative or mentor affiliated with a recognised organisation can also nominate Muslim learners for the following awards: Community Impact, Sporting Impact, Leadership Impact, Creative Impact and Entrepreneurial Impact.
2. Entry requirements
- The Crescent Awards 2022 nominations are open between early May to end of June.
- Nominees must be registered educators, administrators (representing administrators or schools), learners, home schoolers, community educators or coaches endorsed by their Board and / or a representative body within Australia in one of the following:
- Any Islamic school in Australia
- In the case of learners, from any school in Australia
- Nominations of educators can be made by educators, administrators or learners.
- Entries will be acknowledged on application.
- Personal contact information provided as part of entry will not be disclosed without consent for any other purpose unless required by law.
- By submitting an entry, the nominator and nominee agree to be bound by the terms and conditions outlined in this document.
- Entries which include offensive or discriminatory information against an individual, a group of people or an organisation will be ineligible.
- Entries which include profanities will be ineligible.
3. Judging and prizes
- All nominations will be judged by the dedicated judging panel for the specific category. The panel will consider information included on the nomination form and any relevant supporting documents.
- Every eligible and approved entry will be considered for judging.
- Judges will provide recommendation to the Crescent Foundation for final decisions.
- Crescent Foundation’s decisions will be deemed final and appeals will not be considered.
- Contact information may be used for administration and media purposes.
- Finalists may be notified by Crescent Foundation and interviewed for media purposes.
- Winners will be announced at the Crescent Awards ceremony on 6 August 2022 in Sydney.
4. Force majeure
If for any reason the competition or judging process for the awards cannot eventuate as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Crescent Foundation), which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the awards, Crescent Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Awards. Crescent Foundation reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify entries from any individual who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the voting process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the awards.
5. Privacy notice
- The information will be accessed by Crescent Foundation and Crescent Wealth staff and the judging panel.
- Information received about nominees may be published on the Crescent Foundation, Crescent Wealth and Islamic Relief website, Educator websites, other partner websites, on social media or in external publications.
- Crescent Foundation, Crescent Wealth and Islamic Relief Australia may email the nominator at their nominated email address providing information about their respective services or marketing their services, unless the nominator explicitly excludes receiving such emails. The nominator at any time may choose to unsubscribe from such emails in the event that they do not wish to receive them.
- Details of shortlisted nominees may be listed on Crescent Foundation, Crescent Wealth, Islamic Relief Australia and other partner websites.
- Some of the information supplied by a nominee, including the nominee’s name and school details may be given to media agencies for the purpose of promoting the award winners and their achievements to the public and to contractors such as graphic designers and printers.
- Personal information will not be given to any other person or agency other than Crescent Foundation, Islamic Relief Australia and Crescent Wealth unless the nominee has given Crescent Foundation permission, or as Crescent Foundation is required by law to do so.
- In applying for the Crescent Awards 2022, a nominee and / or nominator consents to the Crescent Awards 2022 Terms and Conditions.
- Consent continues unless revoked in writing to the Executive Director, Crescent Foundation.
- Any revocation of consent will be conditional on Crescent Awards contractual obligations entered into by Crescent Foundation prior to the consent being revoked.